HunterSpot.com

The social network site for hunters and fisherman.

Here in Va. it is not legal but it is in many states. I think it would be a great help for the working man or woman to have an extra day on the weekend to fill his or her freezer. I also think it would increase the rank's of us hunters, this would also give us more power when anything would come up that needed a public vote to pass or fail something about our sport if we had as many Hunter's as possible.
Bill

Views: 99

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great discussion topic Bill. As you well know, it is also illegal in NJ. I would love to see it become legal, because the majority of us are on a mon-fri workweek which does not allow a lot of time for the woods. An extra day would mean a lot to those that only hunt one day a week, but are still paying the high license fees for that small window of opportunity. I started to search the internet a bit after you brought this up, and I was surprised to see how many states that it WAS legal in. I was unaware. Here is a good article on the subject from the NRA.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=174&issue=021
Hell yes, you should be able to hunt eight days a week! Seriously, if you're a hardworking man or woman and only get two days or worse one day off and can't for some silly no sense law that bites.
I try and see both sides of every topic, but no hunting on Sundays is just ridiculous!!!!! I live in Alabama and if they try and pass some shit like that it would be a war down here!!! Thats just crazy!!!! 95% of hunters hunt on the weekend, thats just a slap in the face to you guys!!!!! Your state resources need a wake up call!!!!!
I hunt all over the country!!!! and one of the only states I cant hunt on sundays, is the state I live in NJ.... I think it is ridiculous. This state sucks, They charge us more as a resident Hunter then any state I hunt as a out of state Hunter! The more they charge the lest hunting rights they give us, and wait till next year it is going to get worst, with the new laws that are being passed!!! And never letting use hunt on Sundays never worked for me and my family so we just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT BETTER WAY TO GET CLOSER TO GOD THAN TO ADMIRE HIS CREATION. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL WORLD OF NATURE AND I AM GLAD TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY IT ON SUNDAY.
I've had some of my best conversations with God sitting in my deer stand in the peace and quiet. Rudely interupted by deer but thats fine! haha
Well lets see... Shotgun license $32 Archery $32, Rifle Permit for muzzleloader $10, Archery permit for extended season $28, buck tag for archery extended season $28, Shotgun permit season $28, buck tag for shotgun permit $28, permit for muzzleloader season $28, WaterFowl HIP # $2, Federal Stamp $15, State Stamp $5, Turkey Permit $20..... Then when January 1 hits, now you have to buy it all over again for the 2009 season, why we don't run our season's from Sept. to Feb.???? I know why so the state can squeeze you dry! Now lets do the math, all my numbers might not be exact but within a dollar or 2... TOTAL $256.00 to hunt as a new jersey resident and you want to tell me that I can't HUNT on sundays???? Freaking rip off! And the state wonders why we have poachers?? because an average middleclass worker who can only hunt 1 day a week can't afford all the damn licenses!!
I didn't realize there were still 7 states that limit hunting on Sunday. This seems a bit rediculous to me also, but limiting hunters rights and then complaining about over populations of wildlife makes no sense to me either.

Then the whole license fees thing.
I know there is a big difference between resident and nonresident licenses everywhere.
Now I will realy upset people. Here in Va. I don't need a hunting or fishing lic. on my own property. I have 101 acers with a 30 acer lake. I don't have to leave home to enjoy all of my sports. Eat your heart out Steve. LOL
Bill
HAHA Thanks!! Jen tells me how beautiful it is down there and that you live in "Gods Country". Good luck this season
I'm hunting with you Bill!
we hunt on sundays all the time. i dont think the state has a right to tell u where u can be closer to god. to me a church is any where u want to be. i always feel closer to nature and the lord while i am in the trees

RSS

Members

© 2018   Created by Jim.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service