HunterSpot.com

The social network site for hunters and fisherman.

Here in Va. it is not legal but it is in many states. I think it would be a great help for the working man or woman to have an extra day on the weekend to fill his or her freezer. I also think it would increase the rank's of us hunters, this would also give us more power when anything would come up that needed a public vote to pass or fail something about our sport if we had as many Hunter's as possible.
Bill

Views: 124

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Maryland they gave us 1 bow hunting sunday and 1 rifle sunday a few years ago.To be honest I have good luck on the sunday hunts.I know people say sunday is a day of rest and to go to church and that is fine but it does give people the option of hunting or not hunting.It also gives the hunters that can't hunt alot during the week something to look forward to.The money we spend now a days on our equipment some hunters would have to spend 365 days a year in the woods to compensate for the money spent.I would like to see Maryland add a few more hunting sundays.Take Care and Be Safe! Earl
Bill,
Simple responce....the lord relaxed on sunday, hunting is how I relax, how can that be wrong?
Here in Iowa saturdays are busy days if you hunt in public areas but sundays are the days I look forward to the most. I feel you are being cheated out of a wonderful tradition.
I dont like that law. It was an old law from the 1800s and it needs to be changed. I dont live in NC anymore but I hunt there and I have a lifetime sportsmans licence for NC. When I take a vacation up there to hunt I lose a day of hunting every week because of that law. Even the whole time growing up as a kid and hunting I would have to miss a day or two of school every month to get in a couple days of hunting in a week.

It gets worse what if your only day out of the week to hunt is Saturday. Then its sure to be pouring down rain, or the wind is blowing 40 mph! I have woke up many a Sunday and seen the most beautiful hunting day of the whole season.
WOW!!! I have never herd of such a thing. Some times I am in the field so long I don't know if it's a Sunday or a Saturday, it's just something we don't have to worry about in the west.
It sounds like your going to get an answer here pretty quick. Keep us posted and good luck!
LAWS SUCK ...SOMEONE CAN SAY I DONT LIKE BLUE SIRTS ..AND NEXT WEEK BLUE SHIRTS COPULD BE ILLEGAL ...JUST LIKE THE SEAT BELT LAW ...KISS MY TAIL IT S A PERSONS RIGHT TO WEAR IT OR NOT ...DONT TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS SO.........I THINK SUNDAY HUNTING SHOLD BE ALLOWED IN EACH STATE ....IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEN OH WELL
I could not imagine having a day that your not able to hunt. We have a season and it only has start to end dates. I would not like that No Sunday hunting at all. I have Sundays and Mondays off so those days are my main hunting days. That would knock me down to one day except for my vacation. That would bite!
We just hunt crows on sunday's in Pa. - gives us a break. otherwise we might never come home during the fall / winter. I think it would be great if it was open with the one exception (only Jr. hunters)

i myself am part of Sunday hunting pro staff im 14 and i think that sunday hunting is good for many reasons like in my situation my dad works 6 days a week monday through satyrday so therfore he never hunts himself reason number 2 theres is thousands of kids that love to hunt and play sports well most sports have there games on saturday and that leaves them to where they cant hunt much so if we had sunday hunting they could hunt more and these days there is less and less people getting their kids into the outdoors because of the whole work deal so we need sunday hunting its not a want anymore its a need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, I have been lobbing for years in NJ, to let us hunt on Sundays and for now will have to settle for only Bow, but hopefully soon we can gun hunt also.  Your right its no longer a want!!!
right on man ya i think that there is no reason why we shouldnt have sunday hunting i live in va and the only thing we have sunday hunting for is raccoon until 2am sunday so pretty much we dont have anything i really wish we had it though because my dad is never home and like i hunt with a buddy and his dad and like i only get invited like 1 time a month and sometimes i barely go at all during a monmth so therefore i need sunday hunting

Sunday is a day for church

RSS

Members

© 2018   Created by Jim.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service